Canon City High School Show Choirs

When we first came to visit Florence on our house hunting trip, we were worried about things to "do" in the area.  One of the things that we were told over and over and over was to not miss out on the Canon City High School show choirs.


Now I love to go to plays, music shows, and the like, and remember many years of my parents taking me to everything the local colleges had to offer.


But I admit, one I saw the Canon City High School Show Choirs preform, I realized we were definitely finding a hidden gem in this area.  They are magnificent.

Canon City High School has two choirs-the Tigers Ladies which is an all girl choir and Encore which is mixed.  They both sing, they both dance, they both perform amazing shows.


Dear Hubby and I recently took a trip up to Colorado Springs to watch them perform in the state Show Choir contest.  Maybe I'm a bit biased, but none of the other choirs even came close to matching their choreography, their voices, and their range of songs.  It was no surprise that they one in the top three of all the state. (They don't rank the choirs only tell you the top three.)

Their director, Mr. Todd Albright does a wonderful job with the kids and "Mama" Watson plays the piano in accompaniment better than just about anyone I've ever heard.


The kids put on several shows throughout the school year and if you ever get the chance to see one, take my advice and make it a priority.  You won't be disappointed!

Here's a preview from their Grease Dinner Theater show last year to tease you...

No comments:

Post a Comment